Program Manager – Safe Surgical NTD Programs at Helen Keller International – Tanzania
- Company: Helen Keller International – Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Head of NTD Programs
Direct reports: Program Officer(s)
Duration: 12 months with possibility for extension
- Plan and supervise all programming for the elimination of the TT backlog in rural districts of Tanzania including training and management of local Case Finders, managing surgical outreach camps, procuring equipment and consumables, and selecting and working closely with district surgical teams.
- Manage SAFE Surgical Program Officer(s) and delegate responsibilities effectively so that surgical activities can successfully take place in several districts simultaneously.
- Review fund requests and reconciliations, approve daily participant payment requests, manage activity budgets, and ensure that funds are spent according to donor and HKI policy.
Helen Keller International October 2019
- Compose field activity plans and reports, quarterly updates, meeting minutes, fund reconciliations, PowerPoint presentations, Excel statistical reports, and other required documentation as required by HKI, NTDCP, and the donor.
- Manage the ongoing collection and analysis of patient data in order to ensure that patients receive appropriate follow-up care as well as in order to share with donors, inform future efforts, and increase quality of services provided to the community.
- Serve as liaison to ensure strong planning and communication between district surgical teams, donors and grant managers, district authorities, and the NTDCP.
- Work with HKI and NTDCP teams to identify challenges to achieving the goal of trachoma elimination by 2020 and develop and implement solutions to overcome those challenges.
Desired Qualifications, Experiences and Conditions
- Must possess either a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus three (3) years’ experience in surgical and/or NTD outreach in rural Tanzania, OR eight (8) years’ experience in the same.
- Significant and demonstrable project administration, budget management, and Excel skills.
- At least 2 years’ public health program management experience.
- Experience working with Community Health Workers and local government authorities (LGAs) in Tanzania.
- Technical skills in trachoma, TT, and SAFE elimination strategies preferred.
- Strong program planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with development projects with International NGOs, bi- and multi- lateral donors
- Willingness to travel frequently to rural areas in Tanzania.
- Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and a working knowledge of English
- Should be a strategic thinker, who possesses strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to [email protected] noting the specific job title in the subject line. Applicants should clearly describe any experience working on data entry for trachoma projects in their cover letter. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2019.