Procurement Officer – Goods & Services at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following position below:
Requisition ID: req7060
Job Title: Procurement Officer – Goods & Services
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Make bookings and procure local, international flight tickets and accommodation for IRC staff and visitors by using PRs and TRs.
- Ensure flight tickets and accommodation for visitors are initiated by approved PRs and TRs (manual PR,TR Initiator –Admin Officer)
- Procure utilities and other in kind benefits for DSM office and expatriates houses like DSTV. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure repair and maintenance services for office and expert houses in Dsm. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure house rent services- leasing for office and house premises in Dsm (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure consumables and office supplies for Dsm office (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Be responsible with international purchases and all other customs and courier services for overseas delivery. (PR initiator-user programs)
- Responsible for procurement of fuel and maintenance services for equipment in Dsm. (PR initiator-Dsm driver)
- Procure visa and permits for IRC TZ staff and visitors ( PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Compliance duties:
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain (procurement, asset, etc).
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
Ensure transport services at Dar es Salaam cost efficient and reliable.
Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly in asset data base and asset register.
Ensuring assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management.
Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in Procurement/Supply Chain
3 years working for NGOs
Three (3) years’ experience in procurement management software.
Be willing to follow the guiding principles and code of conduct for humanitarian workers; Confidentiality, Safety, Respect and Non-discrimination
Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
Swahili and good English written and oral skills required.
Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.