Procurement Officer at Aga Khan University (AKU)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Aga Khan University (AKU)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan University empowers the people of the developing world with the knowledge and skills to realize their highest goals. We provide a transformative education that prepares our graduates for local and global leadership. We generate solutions to problems that affect millions of people through pioneering research. We strive to achieve world-class excellence, inspiring individuals and institutions to meet the highest standards.
The Aga Khan University invites application for the following position below based in Dar es Salaam. Tanzania.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Procure goods and services for AKU in line with the university’s Purchasing and Supply Chain policy and procedures Constantly review and suggest improvements to the Purchasing and Supply Chain policy and procedures Develop, maintain and monitor a sound procurement system for the institution Maintain an up to date register of suppliers for goods and services
- Follow up with Finance office on supplier’s payments and maintain good relationship with suppliers Participate in negotiation of contracts on behalf of the institution Carry out regular supply market research
- Handling customs clearance of imports and disposal of obsolete and clearance of assets
- Advise Management on procurement laws, trends and standard practices in procurement in the country
- Performing any other relevant duty assigned by supervisors
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement or equivalent.
- 3 years of work experience in purchasing and supply chain management.
- Holder of CPSP and must be registered with Procurement and Supply Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Excellent computer skills and competence in the use of Microsoft office and procurement software.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of local business environment and ability to meet strict deadlines are key requirements