Procurement Manager at Japan Tobacco International
- Company: Japan Tobacco International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The incumbent is responsible for managing procurement activities for the within own cluster in additional to supporting the local organization with other strategic procurement activities. Works in close collaboration with global category leads and local management for all other strategic sourcing and contracting initiatives. As well as effective management of local supplier relations. Contributes to the development of assigned categories and implements the right procurement strategy in close collaboration with business partners within own cluster. Secures the supply of goods and services required by the organization to the specified quality, service and cost criteria through the implementation of harmonized and consistent sourcing strategies . Critical success factors encompass implementation of global category strategies within the cluster. Business partnership mindset is a must.
Budget / KPIs
Negotiations effect, Cost Reduction Savings, Cost Avoidance
Nr of direct & indirect reports
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
BA in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
4 years managerial experience in Procurement
Strategic thinking, effective Negotiations, Communication, Interpersonal, Financial analysis, Leadership, Business environment knowledge, Management of internal and external parties, Decision making, identifying and applying efficiencies.
MS Office tools and SAP
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Category Managment Strategy The incumbent is responsible for procurement activities of the relevant business categories within own cluster. Rolls-out appropriate strategies setforth by the Global Category Leads, provides sound direction for appointed categories and ensures close collaboration with all cluster stakeholers. Works in close collaboration with Global Category Leads/Procurement Cluster Lead to ensure global startegy considers local requirements and that suppliers’ list is managed in the most efficient & effective manner for the cluster.
- Suppliers’ Management Identifies and manages regional/local suppliers’ pool. Negotiates strategic contracts and ensures optimum and sustainable supply conditions. Recommends timely strategic decisions where relevant to prevent procurement inefficiencies. Ensures sustainability of supply and effective supplier relationship management throughout the supply chain. Demonstrates ability to challenge status quo, proposes and runs projects that will add value to both Procurement and business functions. Provides necessary support to Global or Regional procurement teams for implementation. Supports Global Category Leads to build Innovation & Sustainability strategy with Global suppliers and promotes any ideas that could represent a competitive advantage for JTI.
- KPIs & Targets Achieves set Procurement negotiation targets and KPIs. Plans and delivers Savings targets. Develops and recommends strategic sourcing plan/decisions. Leads and /or supports supplier bidding processes in close cooperation with respective business partners to ensure best combination of quality, cost and service parameters / conditions for products and services are attained. Drives strategy implementation at local and cluster level for assigned categories and monitors performance. Ensures corrective actions are taken when required.
- Business Partnership Focuses on demonstrating value of Business Partnership, by developing a customer-oriented approach. Aligns strategy with key business partners and ensures it meets Business’ priorities. Establishes alignment and effective communication among procurement organization, business partners and suppliers. Takes preventive actions to avoid supply issues and resolves problems in due time. Assumes responsibilities for additional projects, tasks as assigned by his/her superior and reflect core behaviors in all aspects of work.
- Market Intelligence Shares Category intelligence, identifies trends and opportunities. Applies best practices in procurement process management by utilizing latest models and takes necessary actions for areas of improvement. Conducts supply risk assessments, builds contingency plans, finds alternative ideas, solutions in securing best conditions for the company including extensive market research and proactive sourcing of innovative suppliers. Ensure that purchasing documents are filed appropriately and in an auditable state. Continuous process improvement in operations, decrease order turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure working environment in line with 5S3R and EHS requirements and perform any other tasks given by Management