Procurement (Goods & Services) at International Rescue Committe
- Company: International Rescue Committe
- Location: Tanzania
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req8148
Job Title: Procurement (Goods & Services) – Internship
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Make bookings and procure local, international flight tickets and accommodation for IRC staff and visitors by using PRs and TRs.
- Ensure flight tickets and accommodation for visitors are initiated by approved PRs and TRs (manual PR,TR Initiator –Admin Officer)
- Procure utilities and other in kind benefits for DSM office and expatriates houses like DSTV. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure repair and maintenance services for office and expert houses in Dsm. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure house rent services- leasing for office and house premises in Dsm (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure consumables and office supplies for Dsm office (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Be responsible with international purchases and all other customs and courier services for overseas delivery. (PR initiator-user programs)
- Responsible for procurement of fuel and maintenance services for equipment in Dsm. (PR initiator-Dsm driver)
- Procure visa and permits for IRC TZ staff and visitors ( PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain (procurement, asset, etc).
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
- Ensure transport services at Dar es Salaam cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly in asset data base and asset register. Ensuring assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
· 1st Degree in Procurement Management.
· Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
· Knowledge of Procurement software is an added advantage.
- Be willing to follow the guiding principles and code of conduct for humanitarian workers; Confidentiality, Safety, Respect and Non-discrimination
· Swahili and good English written and oral skills required.
· Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
· Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
· Willingness to travel to remote field sites.
· Females are encourage to apply.