Private Sector Engagement Adviser at VSO
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Mtwara and Lindi, Tanzania|
|Application Closing Date:||16 Dec 2019|
|Start date:||January 2020|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
as Private Sector Engagement Adviser, You will mainly be responsible for managing relationships with employers. You will be in-charge of identifying new industries and companies with opportunities (internships and possible jobs) for VETA students and linking them to these opportunities. Your operational tasks involve communications management, strategic planning, customer support, service improvement and marketing.
The ideal person for this position will be working hand in hand with the career guidance advisor and the VETA teachers at the Kazi Connect Career Center in Lindi and Mtwara. Your expertise is in the area of relationship management, client focused solutions, resourcing and recruitment, agile project management, customer service, technology savvy, talent for influencing industry links and job matching. In collaboration with the career adviser and a technical adviser, you will advise on product and service improvements of the existing recruitment process.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Resilience to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity
• Building and Sustaining working relationships
• A non-judgmental approach that values other people and culture.
• Seeking and Sharing Knowledge
• Facilitating Positive Change and developing lasting solutions and Adaptable and flexible
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Mass Communications or Social Sciences;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
• Builds mutually beneficial alliances and networks at senior levels within and outside VSO, VETA and maintain a wide, influential network of partners
Analysis and creative problem-solving:
• proactive to deliver solutions to challenges, ability to identify the interest team for improving the recruitment process.
• Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need.
• Ability to be proactive in changing environment of working, works under minimum supervision and keeps the targets on track under challenging environments.
• Highly experienced in private sector operations preferably in gas related industries
• Highly experienced in using technology enabled recruitment solutions
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation. In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. That’s why we work with over 500 partner organisations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programmes. We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.