Political Affairs, Promotion & Communications Officer at Embassy of Sweden
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Embassy of Sweden
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Tanzania
The Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam represents the Swedish Government in Tanzania through Political Dialogue, Development Cooperation and Promotion of Trade. The Embassy is also covering Burundi and the East African Community. Swedish development cooperation with Tanzania aims to contribute to creating conditions for sustainable growth and increasing opportunities for people living in poverty. The successful candidate will be an important part of a team of 4 people. In total the Embassy employs 40 staff members.
POLITICAL AFFAIRS, PROMOTION & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
We would like to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Political Affairs, Promotion and Communication Officer. The role is subject to a 6-month probation period, after which it can become a continuing position with the Embassy. The job holder will report to the Head of Section for Political and Commercial Affairs.
Duties and responsibilities:
The role involves advising and supporting the Embassy’s Political and Commercial Section with analysis of political and economic developments in Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC), as well as organising events to promote and strengthen awareness of Swedish interests in Tanzania. Furthermore, the role includes actively contributing to the Embassy’s external communication in English and Kiswahili.
Specifically, the officer will be responsible for;
- Following, analysing and reporting on political and economic developments.
- Maintaining an excellent network among political, media and civil society actors as well as the private sector.
- Planning and execution of external activities (i.e. seminars, conferences, receptions etc.).
- Assisting with information and contacts to support strengthened trade relations between Sweden and Tanzania.
- Following social media trends and proactively provide input to the Embassy’s communication work.
- Together with the Embassy Communication Officer, manage the Embassy’s communication in Kiswahili.
- Supporting other functions at the Embassy as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in political science, economics, journalism or relevant field.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. |
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience. 5
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to write qualified texts used for reporting and/or external communication.
- High level of professional integrity.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting and career opportunity, e-mail us your CV (maximum 5 pages) and one page application letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please, do not include your certificates. Write “Pol_Advisor” in your e-mail subject line. The deadline is 2nd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We regret the vacancy is not ideal for fresh graduates
Apply to Executive Search and Selection Division Prospect Africa Limited e-mail: [email protected]