Piping Foreman at Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
- Company: Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Piping Foreman.The Piping Foreman will assist in the supervision of craft activities to assure optimum productivity and construction compliance. The Piping Foreman will supervise the lay out, assembly and installation of various sizes and types of drain pipe. The Pipe Foreman will study project specifications with Pipe Superintendent to plan sequencing and schedule for pipe installation.
- Coordinates and supervises daily activities of the crew.
- Utilizes heavy equipment to excavate, install and backfill drainage pipe.
- Sequences pipe installation to reduce inference with other project activities and the public.
- Continually inspects work site, surveying for potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Responsible for crew safety. Establishes safe work environment that complies with the Company safety program.
- Observes assigned equipment to detect machinery malfunctions. Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Analyses job cost reports to ensure production is within budget.
- Reviews and approves employee time reporting.
- Maintains professional relationship with Owner.
- The Piping Foreman must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Pipe Foreman.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management, fellow employees and Owner.
Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience required.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Pipe Foreman to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and, at times, as much as 90 pounds, as may be assigned.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- Sufficient skill and visual acuity, under varying degrees of light, darkness, and weather conditions, to provide direction and flagging for operators of cranes with rated capacities of up to 300 tons.
- The Pipe Foreman must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
Method of Application
Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria outlined as above are invited to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to [email protected] Kindly mark your application as “Application ‘Piping Foreman “In the subject line of your email. Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Friday 27th September 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification