PCT Jobs in Tanzania : Mechanical Technician
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: PCT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
PCT owns and operates a pyrethrum processing factory in Mafinga, Mufindi District- Iringa region, Tanzania. PCT is seeking to fil the position of Mechanical Technician.
The primary purpose: This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment and utilities in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the Operations Manager. This position creates value for the company by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the company meet its production and quality goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1.Support the Engineering Supervisor, Work Order Allocation, Material Requisitions, Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
- Execute mechanical activities on-site as directed including: –
- Al planned maintenance tasks (scheduled & emergent).
- Compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required.
- Ensure equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Report resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks & activities logged and up-dated.
- Implementation of routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) checks including vibration & temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as-found conditions.
- Repairs to other static equipment as required – valves, pipework, pressure vessels and tanks etc.
- Refocusing Maintenance from Preventive and Breakdown Maintenance to Predictive and Proactive Maintenance modes by implementing and practicing equipment diagnostic technics thus reducing equipment downtime.
- Ensuring work compliances to standards, tolerances and fits & working in accordance with sound engineering practices on all jobs; includes reading P&ID’s, Technical Literature and Equipment Manuals.
- Ensuring mechanical spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections and preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors.
- Equipment problems trouble-shooting and basic Root Cause Analysis and development of solutions
- Performs annual statutory vessel testing (as well as whenever required)
- Complete planning and maintenance paperwork and produce monthly breakdown and maintenance reports
- Performs cutting, fabrication, welding and machining procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and higher.
- Minimum Required: 3 years as a hands-on maintenance technician in a 24-hr manufacturing or processing facility.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- Good emergency response and planning
- Following safety protocols
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints s
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment (e.g„ infrared and vibration analyzers etc.) f
Ability to read blueprints/ technical drawings
How to Apply
- Please email your cover letter and resume in English, including your salary expectations, to Human Resources Manager. Email: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged reception of their applications. Application closing date: Friday 15th March, 2019