Payables Bookkeeper at Sokowatch
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Sokowatch
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Payables Bookkeeper
We are searching for a stellar Payables Bookkeeper to assist our Head of Payables in verifying invoices, scheduling payments, cash management, maintaining records, and posting transactions.
Locations: Dar es salaam
Sokowatch is currently hiring a Payables Bookkeeper to be based in Dar.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, preferably Quickbooks
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative, team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders with invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes
- Liaise with the supplier relations team to confirm that contract terms have been satisfied prior to processing payment
- Maintain accurate records of invoices, payments and credit notes on the accounting system
- Verify cash and inventory numbers on accounting system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating and business taxes
- Prepare payables reports and other financial and analytical reports for review by management
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their applications to [email protected] clearing indicating ‘Tanzania Bookkeeper”’ on the subject by 30th January 2020. The successful candidates must be ready to join us ASAP.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.