PATH Jobs in Tanzania : Senior Program Officer- IDDS
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives:
- Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system;
- Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and;
- Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
We are seeking a Senior Program Officer, Surveillance to be based in Tanzania, who will support IDDS project implementation activities. This position will report to the IDDS Tanzania Country Lead. The Senior Program Officer, Surveillance will work closely with the government and partners in developing national disease surveillance strategies.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide technical disease surveillance leadership to support the implementation of the National AMR surveillance framework
- Develop a national indicator-and event-based surveillance system capable of detecting events of significance for public health and health security
- Lead the establishment of a core group of AMR site coordinators, review reporting requirements, data quality and flow, and guidelines to improve AMR surveillance
- Support efforts to improve the capacities of national laboratories to test for priority pathogens and AMR
- Support efforts to improve in real-time reporting, data sharing and interoperability between surveillance and laboratory systems.
- Ensure IDDS’ activities are aligned with country priorities and are well-coordinated with other organizations working in Tanzania.
- Utilize evidence- based methods and best practices to implement work plan activities.
- Work closely with Global Health Security Agenda, partners, regional and country Technical Leads and other stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation.
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection, surveillance, or diagnostics
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing health systems strengthening programs
- Familiarity with USG management, programs, and operations including regulatory and reporting requirements
- Technical competency in infectious disease(s) and surveillance systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision making
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Strong English written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% within Tanzania and other travel as needed
- Experience working with the Global Health Security Agenda preferred