Oxfam Jobs in Tanzania : Head of National Influencing
- Company: Oxfam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Tanzania’s country strategy 2015-19 envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
The above vision will be achieved through delivering strategically interrelated goals:
- Goal 1: Enhanced Governance and Transparency Transformed power relationships between women, men, government and businesses enabling citizens to demand accountability and advocate for the provision of quality essential services.
- Goal 2: Women’s Empowerment -Women are politically, economically and socially empowered to be transformative leaders and change agents within their households and communities.
- Goal 3: Tackling Rural Poverty – Oxfam in Tanzania Country Strategy 2015-2019 works towards rural women having access and control of economic resources, including land, and influence over markets and investments to ensure sustainable food security and resilience to disasters, especially those induced by climate change.
- Goal 4: Focuses on Oxfam’s capacity and partners to manage humanitarian response and preparedness. Building resilience to climate change and adaptation.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- Sound understanding of the Tanzania public policy making processes.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Proven experience of leading the process of developing and implementing effective influencing and campaigning strategies.
- Experience of leading or working with team(s) and with partners to enhance influencing capacity and impact.
- Excellent inter-personal and collaboration skills, particularly in cross-cultural contexts with ability to develop strong working relationships with multi-stakeholders including government.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language.
- Experience of collaborative working with leadership team.
- You will also be able to work under pressure, and deal with a range of competing demands.