Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs in Tanzania : Emergency Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Emergency Officer (Distribution and Reception Centre) Tanzania National Only – Tanzania – Re-advertised
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In mid-April 2016, NRC conducted a pre-assessment mission in the refugee camps in north western Tanzania and the assessment revealed that the humanitarian situation for the refugees requires urgent intervention and NRC therefore decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo town, to respond in Mtendeli and/or Nduta refugee camps. The initial interventions will focus in three sectors; shelter, WASH and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
To apply for this position please follow the link at the end of this advert
• Email and paper applications will not be considered.
• All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
• The purpose of Emergency Officer is to enable displacement affected persons access timely humanitarian assistance upon arrival in the camp and their continued support. The officer will achieve this through guiding and supporting staffs working at the Distribution and Reception centre in the Refugee Camp.