Non Immigrant Officer (NIO) at Canadian Embassy
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Canadian Embassy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
35,063,083 TZS per annum (LE-07); with other social benefits. Note that during the training phase, the incumbent will be paid at the LE-06 level (27,613,049 TZS) until they become designated officers.
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania. This staffing process for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will serve to build an eligibility list to be used for indeterminate, term, or temporary assignments at level LE-07.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications: 16-08-2019 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
Under direction, reviews, processes, and assesses applications to determine whether clients meet eligibility and admissibility requirements for a temporary or permanent entry to Canada in accordance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures; promotes departmental objectives and provides program information in interactions with clients, their representatives, partners and stakeholders; prevents the travel to Canada of individuals in possession of fraudulent or fraudulently obtained documentation; participates in research for and the preparation of reports and studies on immigration-related issues; represents the Program Manager and other immigration officers in contacts with nationals and officials of the host country to promote Departmental objectives; provides management assistance, supervises staff and performs other duties.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• University degree or diploma
• Proficiency in English – comprehension, oral and written
• Good command of French – comprehension, oral and written
• At least 2 years of cumulative work experience in an administrative or officer position in an Embassy, High Commission, Consulate, a UN agency, development agency, or law firm;
• Experience in dealing with the general public;
• Experience applying rules, laws, policies and procedures within a work environment; and
• Experience in working both independently and within a team to meet goals.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices;
• Knowledge of geography, socio-economic conditions, labour markets, and educational systems in the area covered by the Dar es Salaam Migration Office.
• Ability to understand and interpret legislation, guidelines and policies;
• Ability to plan and organize workload, as well as to establish and manage priorities;
• Ability to assist with supervision of support staff;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly while working under pressure with attention to detail;
• Ability to make appropriate decisions in exercising discernment, sound judgment, and ethical and professional integrity;
• Demonstrate initiative, team spirit, tact and discretion;
• Maintain client focus and foster positive interpersonal relations.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• A working knowledge of local languages in Burundi, Comoros, Rwanda, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia;
• A recognized degree or diploma in legal studies;
• Experience in supervising staff;
• Significant knowledge of legal frameworks, customs, educational systems, and administrative documents in the geographic area covered by the Dar es Salaam Migration Office;
• General knowledge of Canada, its geography, its labor market and educational system;
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices in a Migration or Consular Section of an Embassy.
- Normal working hours are 37.5 per week Mondays to Thursdays (07:30 to 16:00) and Fridays (07:30 – 13:00)
• Work in high pressure environment
• Some overtime required (on week days and/or during weekends if job demands)
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Tanzanian citizenship, holder of a valid Tanzanian work permit or otherwise legally able to work at the High Commission (please note the High Commission of Canada in in Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly).
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
• Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period. This includes a criminal and credit background check.
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are eligible to work in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (including current and previous emergency employees and Spouses and dependents of CBS staff who are currently residing in and accredited to the Canadian High Commission in Tanzania) who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Applicants should be resident in Tanzania at the time of hiring or be willing to relocate at own expense. Please note that the High Commission does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
How to apply
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Proof of right to work and copies of educational and any specified professional qualifications will be required.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to:
[email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this vacancy will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• All communications relating to this process, including email correspondence, may be used in the assessment process.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process
• The High commission of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High commission of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
Closing Date 16/08/2019