NHLS Project Coordinator at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Company: Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
REPORTS TO: Project Principal Investigator
LOCATION: Central Office Dar es Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 50%)
S/He will be responsible for providing technical leadership of Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability (SQAS) of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) project. S/He supervises and monitors the NHLS project technical staff in the implementation of approved work plans to strengthen laboratory systems and services of the laboratory network. S/He will provide technical support and guidance to NHLS project officers responsible for each program areas, counterparts from the MoHCDGEC and its departments/units, PORALG as well as other
Implementing Partners to ensure standardised project implementation and cross-fertilisation. S/He will ensure development of the NHLS project work plans and subsequent implementation are in accordance with the funding goal and objectives; to expand continuous quality improvement (CQI) in laboratory testing using both traditional sitting in and tele-mentoring modalities, enhance LIS to ensure availability of laboratory data for program and decision making at all levels, enhance laboratory biosafety and quality of laboratory testing and oversee quality TA on laboratory supply chain to support forecasting and quantification of laboratory commodities for HIV and TB services.
S/He will keep track of the project work plans implementation, reporting timeliness and project indicators, and oversee quality of reporting including individual activity reports to strengthen the project and THPS institutional memory. S/He will lead the project technical staff to develop and implement individual staff action plans that are in line with the approved work plan and budget for the project year. S/He will regularly prepare and report the technical progress of the project to the Project PI as required and assist the PI in preparation of project reports to the Funding agency, MOHCDGEC and Stakeholders. S/He will represent the project and THPS in laboratory services Stakeholders meetings and forums.
- Oversee the implementation of the project technical activities to ensure that the work is technically and logistically sound, collaborative, timely, and is conducted in line with the donor-approved project work plan and budget.
- Ensure that all project technical staff have developed and are implementing individual staff action plans that are in line with the donor-approved work plan and budget for the current year, and are clearly linked to the overall project performance monitoring plan.
- Make recommendations to the PI on staffing and personnel employment, promotions, termination, layoffs, and other personnel activities in order to maintain an efficient and cost-effective program.
- Demonstrates problem-solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Assist the Project Principal Investigator (PI) and M &E Advisor with the monitoring and reporting of the project’s technical progress against benchmarks to ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Work with the Project PI to review the technical skill mix and staffing structure and make recommendations for any changes required to ensure the project has adequate staff to meet the project requirements.
- Assist the PI to prepare and present quarterly project progress and technical reports to THPS Management, CDC/USG, MOH and other stakeholders as required.
- Liaise with MoHCDGEC, PORALG and Implementing Partners counterparts in ensuring smooth implementation of project goals.
- Perform other Project duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic degree in Medical laboratory sciences from a recognized university with specialization qualifications in any laboratory disciplines or public health.
- Minimum experience of 7 years of experience of working at national level laboratories with a leadership/supervisory role.
- Experience in leading multi-laboratory stakeholders, credible team building, and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening, analytical and communication skills and ability to work with multi-skilled teams
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office
- Fluent communications in English and Swahili
- Registered with Medical Laboratory Practitioners Board.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by October 19th 2019 with a subject line for example: NHLS Project Coordinator. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People Living with HIV/AIDS and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.