Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority Jobs in Tanzania : Wildlife Management Officer II
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established under National Parks Ordinance CAP.412 of 1959. This unique area is currently managed by the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) pursuant to CAP 284 of 2002. It is under the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism. The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and promote the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
Wildlife Management Officer II
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holders of Bachelor Degree in Wildlife Management, Range Management, Wildlife Ecology, Zoology or any other equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• To implement fire management programs.
• To carry out assessment of the rangelands and water resources needs and utilizations for both livestock and wildlife population.
• To carry out monitoring and systematic collection of data on rangeland.
• To conduct environmental degradation assessment resulting from numbers and distribution of people, livestock and wildlife.
• To prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
• To participate in identifying and maintaining wildlife corridors, dispersal areas and migratory routes.
• To implement strategies for identification and control of alien species
• To participate in clearing of NCAA boundaries
• To carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Wildlife Protection Services
• To coordinate daily anti-poaching patrols
• To supervise assistant Protection Officers
• To ensure overall security within the NCA and its boundaries
• To ensure security of Wildlife, tourists and NCAA properties within NCA
• To ensure enforcement of the by laws and regulations as stipulated in the Ordinance
• To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by Supervisor
In accordance to NCAA’s salary scales.
How to Apply
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic Certificates and Transcripts plus names and addresses of three referees to be sent to:- The Conservator, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, P. O. Box 1, NGORONGORO CRATER, ARUSHA – TANZANIA Tel: +255 27 2537006/19 So as to reach this office not later than 08th March, 2019 Important: Applicants should not exceed 45 years of age and they must indicate their telephone/mobile and E-mail addresses for quick response. Employed applicants must channel their applications through their current employers.