Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority Jobs in Tanzania : Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer II x2
- Company: Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established under National Parks Ordinance CAP.412 of 1959. This unique area is currently managed by the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) pursuant to CAP 284 of 2002. It is under the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism. The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and promote the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
2 Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer II
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holders of Bachelor Degree in GIS, Cartography, Landscape Architecture, Land Surveying, Geography, Geography and Environmental Studies, Remote Sensing, Land Information Systems, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institutions. Must have knowledge and experience in using GIS mapping hardware and software components including either GPS or ArcGIS.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• To assist in capturing, analysis and conversion of GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitisers, and other means.
• To carry out cataloguing and inventory of GIS data, including metadata creation .
• To input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
• To participate in creating map layouts and views and generate NCAA’s
• current and planned wildlife habitats, road networks archaeological sites, local villages etc.
• To assist in the design, development (implementation) and maintenance of the NCAA’s GIS.
• To perform spatial data conversion processes (import/export routines) to
• disseminate map data and improve map data quality and content.
• To provide advice to customers (staff, government agencies, ministries, tourists, conservators, ecologists and contractors) on aspects of the geospatial data and services.
• To assist in managing the integrity and security of the geospatial database(s) to ensure the requirements of clients continue to be met.
• To assist in training staff in the use of the geospatial system and promoting its application.
• To assist in monitoring the geospatial system to ensure it operates as per the specification and in a timely manner.
• To carry out complete complex tasks, including the collection, importation, maintenance and validation/verification of geospatial data
• To prepare GIS products and services, in accordance with agreed guidelines and with minimal supervision, that meets client needs
• To provide primary mapping support to the Authority Plan as required.
• To provide support when required with the administration, development
• and day-to-day maintenance of the Authority’s geospatial database(s) and systems.
• To assist in the development of Authority’s internal and external GIS system
• To support in the development of the new module for support all authority operations on spatial platform.
• To provide support for GIS data conversion, systems integration and system’s and application’s development and implementation.
• To provide support for cartographic design and high quality map production.
• To carry out surveys and create NCAA maps using GIS software.
• To carryout diagnosis and “troubleshooting” problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
• To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
In accordance to NCAA’s salary scales.
Method of Application
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic Certificates and Transcripts plus names and addresses of three referees to be sent to:- The Conservator, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, P. O. Box 1, NGORONGORO CRATER, ARUSHA – TANZANIA Tel: +255 27 2537006/19 So as to reach this office not later than 08th March, 2019 Important: Applicants should not exceed 45 years of age and they must indicate their telephone/mobile and E-mail addresses for quick response. Employed applicants must channel their applications through their current employers.