Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Technician II –Mechanical x5
- Company: Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established under National Parks Ordinance CAP.412 of 1959. This unique area is currently managed by the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) pursuant to CAP 284 of 2002. It is under the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism. The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and promote the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
5 Assistant Technician II –Mechanical
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Secondary Education Certificate with Certificate or Trade Test Grade II or CBET Level II in Civil (including masonry, plumbing and carpentry), Electrical, and Mechanical Science or equivalent qualifications from recognized professional institution. Priority will be given to applicants with five years working experience
Main Duties and responsibilities
• To undertake repair works or fabricate equipment, plants and parts scheduled by respective sections.
• To prepare equipment to the required standards.
• To carry out maintenance and repair of light equipment.
• To carry out preventive maintenance according to schedule.
• To ensure mechanical equipment is in good working condition.
• To take care of working tools and equipment.
• To carry out cleaning activities at work sites.
• To carry out preventive maintenance for plants, motor vehicles and other mechanical equipment.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Method of Application
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic Certificates and Transcripts plus names and addresses of three referees to be sent to:- The Conservator, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, P. O. Box 1, NGORONGORO CRATER, ARUSHA – TANZANIA Tel: +255 27 2537006/19 So as to reach this office not later than 08th March, 2019 Important: Applicants should not exceed 45 years of age and they must indicate their telephone/mobile and E-mail addresses for quick response. Employed applicants must channel their applications through their current employers.