Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Ecologists II x3
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) was established under National Parks Ordinance CAP.412 of 1959. This unique area is currently managed by the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) pursuant to CAP 284 of 2002. It is under the Ministry for Natural Resources and Tourism. The main functions of the NCAA are to conserve and develop the natural and cultural heritage resources, to promote tourism in the NCA and promote the interests of indigenous people living in the area.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
3 Assistant Ecologists II
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Diploma in Wildlife Management, Zoology, Natural Resources Management, Wildlife Ecology or equivalent qualification from a recognized training institution. Must be computer literate.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• Collecting ecological monitoring data.
• Assisting in conducting ecological researches.
• Assisting in monitoring effects on ecology due to human activities and infrastructure development.
• Collecting data of animal stocks and biodiversity.
• Liaising with veterinary officers in monitoring diseases.
• Participating in research being conducted by external researchers.
• Assisting in Environmental Impact Assessments
• Participating in the implementation of Fire Management Plan, and fire suppression in the park.
• Participating in animal census and bird counts.
• Assisting in controlling pollution and exotic species (flora and fauna).
• Preparation of field reports
• Entering various collected data in departmental database; and.
• (xv) Any other relevant duties as assigned by superior.
In accordance to NCAA’s salary scales.
How to Apply
Own handwritten application with comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic Certificates and Transcripts plus names and addresses of three referees to be sent to:- The Conservator, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, P. O. Box 1, NGORONGORO CRATER, ARUSHA – TANZANIA Tel: +255 27 2537006/19 So as to reach this office not later than 08th March, 2019 Important: Applicants should not exceed 45 years of age and they must indicate their telephone/mobile and E-mail addresses for quick response. Employed applicants must channel their applications through their current employers.