National Prosecutions Service Jobs in Tanzania : State Attorney II x14
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Prosecutions Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Tanzania
The united republic of Tanzania president’s office public service recruitment secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/255 27th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Prosecutions Service and Medical Stores Department (MSD) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 17 vacant posts mentioned below;
National Prosecutions Service
National Prosecutions Services is an Independent and Autonomous Body established by the National Prosecutions Services (Establishment) Order, 2018 made pursuant to Article 36 (1) off the Constitution off the United Republic off Tanzania off 1977. The functions off National Prosecutions Services are as
stipulated under Article 59 B off the Constitution and the National Prosecution Services Act, 2008.
14 State Attorney II
Reports to: Regional Prosecutions Officer.
Duty Station: Head Office in Dodoma and at its Regional Offices across the
country. Those with specific reasons for them to be posted to stations of
their preference or convenience other than where they may be posted should
not apply. Application for the change of duty station after recruitment
process will not be tolerated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To prepare charge sheets relating to criminal offences and advice the supervisor accordingly;
• To prepare legal documents relating to criminal cases;
• To collate and analyse data relating to prosecutions and prepare periodic returns and reports arising there from;
• To handle complaints in relation to prosecutions and provide remedies as dictated by the nature of complaints;
• To participate and assist research on criminal case;
• To prepare response to issues arising out of the request either from the requested countries or other agencies and advice the supervisor accordingly;
• To prepare the necessary documentation for request and forward to the supervisor to file them in court;
• To prepare documents for inquest, extradition, mutual assistance or proceeds of crime cases;
• To create and maintain an inventory of public prosecutors in the Region/District;
• To address matters relating to witnesses, summons, exhibits, bail and advice accordingly;
• To provide legal opinions in ordinary criminal cases files;
• To draft legal instruments in relation to criminal cases; and
• To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by Regional Prosecutions Officer.
Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from recognized Institutions. Must have completed and passed the Internship or externship programme supervised by the Attorney General’s Chambers or Legal Practical training conducted by the Law School of Tanzania. Fluency in English & Swahili Languages.
Remuneration: According to Government Salary Scale – AGCS 3