National Economic Empowerment Council Jobs in Tanzania : Manager of Local Content
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Economic Empowerment Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The United Republic of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/251 6th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) and Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified, dynamic, intelligent and result –oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 7 vacant posts mentioned below;
The National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) was established in 2005 following the launch of the National Economic Empowerment Policy and enactment of the National Empowerment Act in 2004. The Council, under the Prime Minister’s Office, is mandated with the task of supervising, monitoring and coordinating all empowerment activities in the Country.
Manager of Local Content
Reporting To: Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content
Objective: To Coordinate and Facilitate Local Content initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, coordinate, guide, supervise, monitor and evaluate implementation of the national multi- sectoral local content guidelines;
• Undertake sensitization, public education and dissemination of the local content to stakeholders;
• Undertake local content audit and enforcement;
• Promote foreign investments to ensure that investors meet a set minimum performance targets in their operations that promote local investment;
• Promote and coordinate the inclusion of the local content in related policies and laws in other sectors;
• Promote and ensure priority is given on the utilization of locally available Tanzanians goods and services in all foreign direct and large domestic investments and enterprises;
• Support and facilitate local businesses and associations to improve their capacity to supply local products and services;
• Promote the employment of Tanzanians in all sectors of the economy in order to harness maximum benefits from investments and to ensure transfer of knowledge;
• Encourage and enforce large domestic and foreign industrial enterprises to develop and undertake training programmes for Tanzanians to ensure transfer of knowledge, technology and expertise;
• Develop local content framework and ensure all large domestic and foreign investments prepare local content plans and comply with the approved local content framework; and
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor Degree either in Economics, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, Law (L.L.B) with internship and must be registered as an Advocate of the High Court and subordinate Courts thereto, plus Masters’ Degree in the relevant fields from a recognized institution, with working experience of not less than 5 years in senior position.
Job application procedure
General Terms and Conditions of Service:
Successful Candidate will be employed on contract basis for a term of five years.
The Successful Candidate will be offered competitive remunerations according to the Board’s remuneration scheme.
Note; Those who were applied before are required to Re-apply