National Economic Empowerment Council Jobs in Tanzania : Manager of Business Development and Facilitation
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Economic Empowerment Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The United Republic of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/251 6th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) and Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified, dynamic, intelligent and result–oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 7 vacant posts mentioned below;
The National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) was established in 2005 following the launch of the National Economic Empowerment Policy and enactment of the National Empowerment Act in 2004. The Council, under the Prime Minister’s Office, is mandated with the task of supervising, monitoring and coordinating all empowerment activities in the Country.
Manager of Business Development and Facilitation
Reporting to: Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content
Objective: To Promote and Facilitate Enterprises Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide advice to the Government, public and private sector institutions on specific issues and measures aimed at the promotion of economic empowerment of Tanzania;
• Collaborate with institutions and organizations for the purposes of promoting access to services relating to economic opportunities;
• To develop strategic institutional framework in economic empowerment.
• Promote and advocates for enterprise development interventions required at the levels of micro, meso and macro.
• Identify obstacles /hurdles in the business environment and works for solutions;
• Identify and advices on the measures to promote and support business
• ventures pioneered and run by Tanzanians;
• Designate types of businesses which may be done by Tanzanians and
• those which may be owned jointly by foreigners and Tanzanians;
• Develop strong relationship and networks with the private sector, civil societies, parliamentarian committees, Donors, MDAs, Regional and Local Government Authorities in spearheading economic empowerment;
• Facilitate formation of institutions earmarked in the National Economic Empowerment Policy to enable smooth implementation of economic empowerment activities;
• Provide technical advice and facilitates linkages between local SMES and large local and international companies;
• identify, assess, and recommend potential private sector partners and partnership opportunities;
• Facilitate and advocate issues relating to economic empowerment participation through targeted interventions to achieve more inclusive growth;
• Identify entrepreneurship training needs and opportunities and coordinates with relevant training institutions;
• Support designing of programmes in the formal and non-formal education system at all levels with the aim of nurturing an enterprise culture.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of the National Entrepreneurship Strategy for implementing the National Entrepreneurship Training Framework;
• Develop a database of Entrepreneurship Training institutions; and
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor Degree either in Economics, Entrepreneurship, Commerce, Marketing, Plus Masters, Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution with working experience of not less than 5 years in senior position..
Job application procedure
General Terms and Conditions of Service:
Successful Candidate will be employed on contract basis for a term of five years.
The Successful Candidate will be offered competitive remunerations according to the Board’s remuneration scheme.
Note; Those who were applied before are required to Re-apply