National Economic Empowerment Council Jobs in Tanzania : Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content
- Company: National Economic Empowerment Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Tanzania
The United Republic of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/251 6th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) and Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified, dynamic, intelligent and result–oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 7 vacant posts mentioned below;
The National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC) was established in 2005 following the launch of the National Economic Empowerment Policy and enactment of the National Empowerment Act in 2004. The Council, under the Prime Minister’s Office, is mandated with the task of supervising, monitoring and coordinating all empowerment activities in the Country.
Director of Empowerment Facilitation and Local Content
Report to: Executive Secretary
Objectives: To coordinate and facilitate economic empowerment activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operationalize the implementation of sector and multi-sectoral strategic economic empowerment framework;
• Provide advice to the Government, public and private sector institutions on measures aimed at the promotion of economic empowerment of Tanzanians;
• advise on establishment and strengthening of cooperatives, partnerships or joint ventures in economic activities;
• identify entrepreneurship training needs and opportunities on economic and investment issues and to co-ordinate the relevant training programmes;
• collaborates with institutions and organizations for the purpose of promoting access to services relating to economic opportunities;
• identify sources of funds and administer the Fund;
• coordinate the implementation of economic empowerment funds;
• establish a register of institutions and organizations engaged in economic activities;
• promote development, growth and expansion of Informal Financial Groups;
• coordinate, guide, supervise, monitor and evaluate implementation of the national multi-sectoral local content guidelines;
• undertake sensitization, public education and dissemination of the local content to stakeholders;
• promote and ensure priority is given on the utilization of locally available Tanzanians goods and services in all foreign direct and large domestic investments and enterprises;
• promote the employment of Tanzanians in all sectors of the economy in order to harness maximum benefits from investments and to ensure transfer of knowledge; and
• Perform any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor degree either in Economics, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, Business
Administration, Law (with internship and must be registered as an advocate of the
high court and subordinate courts thereto) or equivalent qualifications from a
recognized institutions, plus Masters’ degree in the related fields, with working
experience of not less than 7 years in senior position.
Job application procedure
General Terms and Conditions of Service:
Successful Candidate will be employed on contract basis for a term of five years.
The Successful Candidate will be offered competitive remunerations according to the Board’s remuneration scheme.
Note; Those who were applied before are required to Re-apply