National Development Corporation Jobs in Tanzania : Director of Industrial Development
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Development Corporation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The National Development Corporation (NDC) is an organization owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, which was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament. Currently, NDC exists under the Public Corporations Act of 1992 as a development organisation.
Given the changes that have occurred in the domestic and global environment, NDC has re-engineered itself to cope with these changes so as to maintain its relevance to the national economic development agenda of Tanzania in close partnership with the private sector. Having re-designed its organization structure for operational efficiency and delivery, NDC now requires to fill immediately vacant position so as to increase its capacity to fulfil its mandates.
These posts are open to properly qualified and experienced Tanzanians.
POSITION: Director of Industrial Development
Direct Entry Qualification
A Master Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification with at least eight (8) years experience in a senior managerial position, PhD will be an added advantage. Good working knowledge of ICT applications is of paramount importance. Should have strong background in project design development and implementation plus appropriate analytical skills with good command of both oral and written English and Kiswahili languages.
Job Title: Director of Industrial Development
Appointing Authority: Board of Directors
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: Resource-based Industries Manager, Knowledge-based Industries Manager and Agribusiness Development Manager.
• To be the overall in-charge of the Directorate of Industrial Development for day-to-day supervision and resource allocation to ensure that the Directorate achieves its objectives;
• To initiate creation of basic industries and coordinate provision of supportive infrastructure to propel self-sustaining industrialization in Tanzania;
• To focus on promoting sustainable development of industrial value-adding activities;
• To link with other domestic firms in geological, mining, mineral processing, manufacturing, and technological development to enhance self-sustaining basic industries;
• To participate in designing national strategies for the enhanced coordination of initiatives by various actors to foster creation of heavy industries in Tanzania;
• To undertake projects due diligences before committing for their development and implementation;
• To institute and undertake Projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation and recommend intervention measures;
• To coordinate matters related to project studies, project management, investment and technology transfer for enhanced industrialization;
• To periodically report progresses achieved in view of national goals of establishing basic industries.
• To prepare strategic plans and budgets to hasten Government support to heavy industries in Tanzania;
• To control implementation of Directorate plans and budgets and ensure compliance thereto and their delivery;
• To set SMART objectives for the directorate and monitor performance to ensure achievement of the Corporation’s objectives and goals;
• To conduct Open Performance Appraisal and Review for the subordinates and give feedback to the Managing Director,
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director
How to Apply
Application in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, contact addresses including telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three referees to be addressed to the undersigned not later than 25th February, 2019. MANAGING DIRECTOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION P.O. Box 2669 DAR ES SALAAM 700990013 NDC is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted