National Development Corporation Jobs in Tanzania : Director of Finance and Administration
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Development Corporation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The National Development Corporation (NDC) is an organization owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, which was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament. Currently, NDC exists under the Public Corporations Act of 1992 as a development organisation.
Given the changes that have occurred in the domestic and global environment, NDC has re-engineered itself to cope with these changes so as to maintain its relevance to the national economic development agenda of Tanzania in close partnership with the private sector. Having re-designed its organization structure for operational efficiency and delivery, NDC now requires to fill immediately vacant position so as to increase its capacity to fulfil its mandates.
POSITION: Director of Finance and Administration
Direct Entry Qualification CPA holder, Postgraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management or equivalent with working experience of at least eight (8) years, five of which should be at managerial level in a reputable organization preferably of a public nature. Proven managerial and administration skills; and good communication and interpersonal skills; ICT applications is an essential skills.
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration Appointing Authority: Board of Directors Reports to: Managing Director Supervises: Chief Accountant and Human Resource and Administration Manager
• To be an overall in-charge of the Directorate of Finance for day to day supervision and resource allocation to ensure that the Directorate achieves its objectives;
• To oversee the development, review and implementation of policies with respect to financial and Information, Communication and
• To ensure effective and efficient utilization of financial and human resources through planning and budgeting;
• To ensure that effective financial management of the Corporation is maintained, including the operation of a satisfactory accounting system;
• To coordinate all management reports on internal services status for submission to the Management;
• To coordinate the preparation of strategic and business plans, and implementation timeframes, action plans, and identifies resource requirements;
• To ensure the Corporation meets the requirements of external auditors on an annual basis;
• To coordinate the annual staff performance appraisal in the Corporation; and undertake the same for the Directorate and oversee staff development therein;
• To develop individual objectives/targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior;
• To professionally help in establishing the organizational culture and climate in which employees have the competence, concern and commitment to serve customers well;
• To establish systems and procedures for the effective and efficient administration of the Corporation;
• To constantly evaluate the effectiveness of the organization, result and frequently champion change and knowing how to link change for the strategic needs of the organization so as to minimize employee’s dissatisfaction and resistance to change:
• To conduct open performance review and appraisal of subordinates and give feedback;
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
• The following key competencies and experience are required:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Computer Literacy is necessary for this position
• Good knowledge of Management aspects.
• Must be a good team player
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks within the applicable deadlines
• High degree of integrity
General terms and conditions Term of Engagement: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: The post carries competitive remuneration as per NDC Salary Structure and Incentive package.
How to Apply
Application in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, contact addresses including telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three referees to be addressed to the undersigned not later than 25th February, 2019. MANAGING DIRECTOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION P.O. Box 2669 DAR ES SALAAM 700990013 NDC is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted