Mwananchi Communications Limited Jobs in Tanzania : Content Editor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mwananchi Communications Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Tanzania
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti and The Citizen is looking for a motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
CONTENT EDITOR TANZANIABUZZ -1 POST
Responsible to strategize, plan, produce and edit TanzaniaBuzz content for the website and newspaper and managing the editorial team. The job holder will also be responsible for the vision content of TanzaniaBuzz and creatively write in a ’voice’ that resonates with the TanzaniaBuzz audience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Work with the Digital Lead to develop an annual content strategy & editorial calendar.
- Implement the content strategy, operationalize the editorial calendar, use data and statistics to monitor the content and change course as needed.
Supervise and manage the Website Content Managers to ensure:
- They proactively source for, edit and upload content for the website and upload it in the accurate format and send links back to clients.
- They compile content for the newspaper and partners in a timely manner.
- They compile the events, movies and kids newsletters accurately and thoughtfully.
- They compile statistics to be shared at the end of each month
- They manage newsletter contacts as required
- All other editorial duties as assigned.
Supervise and manage the Content Writers to ensure:
- There is always an updated content rota and conduct editorial meetings so the content writers are clear about their daily, weekly and monthly editorial requirements
- The quality and quantity of the content for the newspaper and website- edit content and mentor Content Writers as needed
Content from outside the organization is received regularly and is of the quantity and quality agreed in contracts.
Create the TanzaniaBuzz monthly newsletter
- Create the annual schedule of newsletter themes
- Create the monthly detailed editorial calendar for each issue
- Assign the articles to a team of content writers
- Oversee the quality of the articles produced and edit them as needed
- Oversee the entire layout and production of the newspaper
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A journalism degree or at least 5 years writing/publishing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a passion for movies, events, trending topics and the Tanzania entertainment sector.
- At least 3 years’ experience in writing and editing/ publishing, ability to work under daily tight deadlines with have a vision of editorial content for TanzaniaBuzz Client with experience in developing content on website and/ newspaper or writing lifestyle content and a passion for movies, events, trending topics and the Tanzania entertainment sector.