Mwananchi Communications Jobs in Tanzania : Transport Supervisor
- Company: Mwananchi Communications
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper is looking to recruit a motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR (1 POST)
- To add value on business especially on fleet maintenance, fuel consumption and delivery of MCL parcels and courier.
- To improve efficiency in all fleet operations of Mwananchi Communications Ltd.
- Trains company drivers on vehicle maintenance, safety and record management especially on log books
- To deliver the section key performance indicators and budget on delivery time, costs management and operational costs.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly departure and arrival reports and disseminates to respective departments.
- Prepares and oversees smooth implementation of drivers’ operational schedule.
- Supervises transport staff and ensure they drive diligently company vehicles for the best results.
- Perform all assigned duties on time as assigned by the Circulation and Distribution Manager.
- To monitor newspaper distribution vehicles from Mwananchi Communications Ltd to designated customers.
- Ensure that schedule maintenance and repairs are performed according to the agreed plan by tracking the mileage readings of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitoring that safety driving rules and regulations are followed by all drivers when driving company vehicle.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Diploma in fleet management or mechanical engineering is essential or a degree in the same is an added advantage. Someone with CILT (Chartered institute of Transport and Logistics) is crucial in this role.
Professional: Driving License, Automotive engineering skills and NIT professionals certificates Experience: 3-5 years working experience.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by March 15,2019 to;
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz/ or [email protected] by March 8,2019