Mwananchi Communications Jobs in Tanzania : Transport Supervisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mwananchi Communications
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper is looking to recruit a motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR (1 POST)
- To add value on business especially on fleet maintenance, fuel consumption and delivery of MCL parcels and courier.
- To improve efficiency in all fleet operations of Mwananchi Communications Ltd.
- Trains company drivers on vehicle maintenance, safety and record management especially on log books
- To deliver the section key performance indicators and budget on delivery time, costs management and operational costs.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly departure and arrival reports and disseminates to respective departments.
- Prepares and oversees smooth implementation of drivers’ operational schedule.
- Supervises transport staff and ensure they drive diligently company vehicles for the best results.
- Perform all assigned duties on time as assigned by the Circulation and Distribution Manager.
- To monitor newspaper distribution vehicles from Mwananchi Communications Ltd to designated customers.
- Ensure that schedule maintenance and repairs are performed according to the agreed plan by tracking the mileage readings of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitoring that safety driving rules and regulations are followed by all drivers when driving company vehicle.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Diploma in fleet management or mechanical engineering is essential or a degree in the same is an added advantage. Someone with CILT (Chartered institute of Transport and Logistics) is crucial in this role.
Professional: Driving License, Automotive engineering skills and NIT professionals certificates Experience: 3-5 years working experience.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by March 15,2019 to;
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz/ or [email protected] by March 8,2019