Muslim University of Morogoro Jobs in Tanzania : Academic Librarian
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Muslim University of Morogoro
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The Muslim University of Morogoro (MUM) invites applications from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians applicants to fill the following vacant posts.
Academic Librarian (1 Posts)
You will be responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users. You will be responsible for providing support to academic departments of the University e.g. teaching
Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science/ Management with at least a GPA of 4.0 out of 5 and a minimum of 3.5 out of 5 or its equivalent in the First Degree.
· Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
· Answering readers’ enquiries
· Using library systems and specialist computer applications
· Management of staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties
· Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations and suppliers
· Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg staff,
postgraduate students, disabled students)
· Managing budgets and resources
· Supporting independent research and learning
· Developing IT facilities
· Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc
· Promoting the library’s resources to users.
· You will be required to teach some courses in Library and Information Science from
Certificate, Diploma to Degree level.
TERMS: Permanent\ Contract.
How to Apply
SALARY: As per MUM Salary scale.
All applications should be addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic), P.O. Box 1031, Morogoro, Tanzania and/or at [email protected] copy to [email protected] not later than 16th March 2019. The application letter should be attached with certified copies of certificates and transcripts i.e. Form IV, Form VI, Diploma, Bachelor, Birth certificate Curriculum vitae and TCU verification for those who studied abroad. Candidates must also give names, contact addresses as well as mobile numbers of at least two referees.
NOTE: · All positions above require excellent communications, in spoken and written English · Only short listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/ or mobile numbers for an interview.