MiracleFeet Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Program Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: MiracleFeet
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
MiracleFeet is an international nonprofit organization that increases access to proper treatment for children born with clubfoot in developing countries through partnerships with local healthcare providers. There are over one million people living with untreated clubfoot around the world, making it one of the primary causes of physical disability in the world. Thanks to a fully-accepted, non-surgical treatment known as the Ponseti Method, it is now possible to treat clubfoot effectively and safely for as little as $250 per person. By increasing access to treatment, MiracleFeet gives children born with clubfoot the chance to live healthy, productive lives. See www.miraclefeet.org to learn more about the issue of clubfoot and MiracleFeet’s approach.
MiracleFeet is currently seeking to hire a full-time regional assistant program manager for East Africa. The primary role of the assistant program manager will be to support the development and the implementation of MiracleFeet programs to treat children with clubfoot in East Africa. This position requires a high degree of coordination across many participating entities – NGOs, hospitals and clinics, individual clinicians, government agencies, site coordinators, parents, and children. Programs are primarily established by partnering with local hospitals and doctors to support and expand existing clinics to deliver the Ponseti method of treatment. MiracleFeet also partners with other national and international NGOs to implement and manage clinics in some locations.
The assistant program manager will need to be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will be supervised by the Regional Program Manager East Africa based in Kigali, Rwanda.
1. Support TCCO, the Tanzanian Clubfoot Care Organization (approx. 65%).
• Work closely with and give guidance to the TCCO Board, country coordinator and technical coordinator to further establish TCCO as a well-functioning NGO in the field of clubfoot treatment. This means taking the lead in developing and implementing strategies, structures, procedures, and processes to improve the smooth running of TCCO and expanding its activities country wide.
• Develop a strategy and implement advocacy activities with the government to work towards more sustainability of clubfoot treatment in Tanzania.
• All activities under 2.
2. Support Programs in East Africa (Uganda, Somalia, Zimbabwe) (approx. 25%)
• Provide on-going support and capacity building to in-country coordinators so they can provide direction and guidance in day-to-day clinic management and program development.
• Work closely with partners to develop plans to further improve quality of treatment as well as outreach, identification and referral processes, and treatment compliance.
• Monitor budgets and activities and support local partners in putting together quarterly reports. Identify and troubleshoot problem areas in financial management and implementation of activities.
• Monitor data collection and work closely with partners to ensure effective use of the system and reporting tools. Provide coaching on implementation of data collection and utilization of data. Assist partners in data analysis and interpretation of results.
• Work with partners and East Africa Program Manager on developing annual budgets and work plans.
• Ensure that MiracleFeet programs are conducted in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, visions, and plans. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws and maintain accountability standards to donors.
– Travel to program sites to provide monitoring support, training and supervision duties.
3. Contribute to general program management knowledge (approx. 5%)
• Collaborate with Programs team to develop parent education curriculum and guidelines and work with Program Managers and local coordinators on implementation.
• Actively contribute to the documentation of the program management frameworks and resources to strengthen, define and streamline MiracleFeet’s approach to program implementation.
• Work collaboratively with other MiracleFeet team members and partners on cross-program projects, such as development of conference presentations, fundraising, and support for general program initiatives.
• Coordinate with Program Manager to prepare regular program updates for Board meetings, staff meetings, annual reports, the website and other forms of MiracleFeet communication.
• Participate in other tasks as delegated by the Program Manager.
• Must have Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in public health or social sector program required; international experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building, mentoring and training.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret program data and convey that information clearly to multiple audiences is required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Ability to travel (up to 30%)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Able to think creatively and strategically
• Have excellent judgment and be able to work in changing environment
• Strong contributor in team environments
• Knowledge of Global Public Health
Conditions and Benefits
• Position based in Dar es Salaam; applicants should have appropriate legal status allowing them to work in Tanzania
• Position will be consultant
• Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send your application in English, including your detailed cover letter and resume, to [email protected] . Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until February 17th, 2019 or until the position is filled. MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.