Medical Stores Department Jobs in Tanzania : Security Officers x2
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Medical Stores Department
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
The united republic of Tanzania president’s office public service recruitment secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/255 27th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Prosecutions Service and Medical Stores Department (MSD) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 17 vacant posts mentioned below;
Medical Stores Department (MSD)
The Department is a semiautonomous Department under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, established by Act of Parliament No.13 of 1993 with an objective of developing, and maintaining an efficient and cost effective system of procurement, storage and distribution of health commodities required for use by the public and accredited faith based health facilities. It has a zonal network all over the country directly serving 7000 health facilities through an Integrated Logistical System.
2 Security Officers- MSD Head Office
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: Planning and developing strategies for guarding the company premises.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Planning and developing appropriate strategies for guarding the company premises
• Provide leadership direction and advise specific strategies and actions to effectively prevent all kinds of planned theft, vandalism or sabotages of company properties and assets
• Receive and make follow up of information received through informers or other sources and ensure that the sources are highly protected
• Liase with and work in collaborations with all authorities to establish and maintain harmonious working environment with a view to identify wrong doers
• Maintain a clear and concise records of case file and exhibits for easy reference including attending all criminal cases at court/police
• Provide security & safety feedback/reports on weekly, monthly& quarterly basis
• Patrolling and supervising all posts manned by the contracted security firm
• Setting security standard basing on MSD SOP’s & government security guidelines
• Perform all preventive and investigative duties including security for emergence
• procedures have been conducted to all employees
• Ensure training for emergence procedures have been conducted to all employees.
• Ensure testing of equipment’s ensuring regulatory guidelines are met and employee have been trained of the safe method to operate any piece of equipment
• Collect and analyses potentially hazardous materials, and ensures employees get trained in handling hazardous materials
• Ensure safety gears are available to all employees and they wear them on job
• Investigate accidents and complete reports, as needed
• Monitor the work environment for unsafe acts or unsafe conditions as well as overseeing work place safety as well as the health, safety and security of all employees employed by the department
• Oversee that all the rules and regulations that apply to the health and safety in the work place are met and adhere to by all working or entering with the workplace environment
• Monitoring & assessing hazardous and unsafe working environment and developing to ensure all solid liquid west are timely collected and disposed from premises
• Ensure first Aid room is well equipped with necessary kits and operational all times
• Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisors from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holders of Bachelor Degree in any of the following field; Environmental Disaster Management, Risk Management, Public Administration or equivalent qualification from any recognized institution.
• Specialized security trainings.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience
• Written & oral communication skills.
• Customers services (internal customers) satisfaction oriented
• Problem solving
• Professional integrity
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale MSDS 4