Medical Stores Department Jobs in Tanzania : Records Management Assistant
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Medical Stores Department
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The united republic of Tanzania president’s office public service recruitment secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/255 27th February, 2019
On behalf of the National Prosecutions Service and Medical Stores Department (MSD) President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 17 vacant posts mentioned below;
Medical Stores Department (MSD)
The Department is a semiautonomous Department under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, established by Act of Parliament No.13 of 1993 with an objective of developing, and maintaining an efficient and cost effective system of procurement, storage and distribution of health commodities required for use by the public and accredited faith based health facilities. It has a zonal network all over the country directly serving 7000 health facilities through an Integrated Logistical System.
Records Management Assistant -MSD Head Office
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
JOB PURPOSE: To ensures that files and document registers are secure and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Opening new and or temporary file(s)
• Closing of files and keeping them in such a way it is easy to find when required
• Binding of office documents such as office reports, books, documents
• Receiving and sorting of in-coming and outgoing mails for filing purposes and record them in relevant register for circulation and dispatch to MSD officers and outside MSD
• Prepare file register and perform daily follow up on file movement with respective officers
• Arranges files and records in racks and cabinets in the registry or archives as well as
• performing classification of records and documents and box them accordingly.
• Deals with requests for documents and records from other organizations.
• Conducts daily file census and circulates flimsy file to authorized officers.
• Distributing subject mails and invoices to the respective officer in their respective files
• Perform storage of all consumables as well as manage and attend to all material issue requests
• Distributes all outgoing correspondence
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holders of Diploma in Records Management, Information Science or its equivalent
• from a recognized institution,
• Computer packages for database creation and management .
• Data and document management skills
• Record keeping skills
• Report writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of company policies on document management
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Honesty and integrity
• Team working skills
• Computer literate
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale MSDS 2
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The position attracts permanent and pensionable contract.