MDH Jobs in Tanzania : IT Officer for Ilala District
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to strengthen the data entry system by employing the District
IT Officer for Ilala District.
POSITION: DISTRICT IT OFFICER (1 Post)
Reports to: District Project Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer network workstations, utilizing windows operating systems.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives,
data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational
databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Engineering.
· Three years’ experience on ICT Services Delivery.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by 25 nd March 2019, to the Human Resource Manager through email [email protected] .
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted