Managing Director at Lindam Group Limited
- Company: Lindam Group Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The ideal candidate will excel in both strategic and executional areas to implement initiatives to better the organization. To succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on a range of responsibilities including hiring and training, implementing programs, and acting as the leader for the organization.
- Develops the organizational strategy and policy based on input from the Directors to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Executes, after approval of the Board of Directors, the strategy and policy; formulates and co-decides with Board of Directors on Organizational Structure, adequate corporate governance, KPI’s, budgets and all other company-issues, and on individual goals on Departmental level; establishes and monitors its implementations by measuring and ensuring increased profitability; continuously evaluates the achievements and takes actions accordingly in cooperation with the Board of Directors.
- Approves company procedures, policies, and standards and reviews its implementation; oversees company activities and budget to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources; judges and approves, in conjunction with the (chairman of the) Board of Directors, expenditures needed outside the budget; decide or guides courses of action
- Interfaces continuously with heads of departments, especially the Chief Accountant, to monitor progress and changes in the organization’s (financial) status.
- Review and follow on Return on Investment for the investment in the company and other entities; advice accordingly to the Board and the Owners.
- Ability to lead the career development of self and others by attracting and retaining high performing talent
- Communicate and direct organization’s conversations around priorities, goals, and organization improvement areas
- Evaluates the performance of managers for accountability and compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Advocates and promotes organizational change and improvement culture; builds change management competence and focuses resources on strategic priorities; ensures continuous alignment and integration of organization structures, roles processes and systems.
- Implements corporate social responsibility practices in a pro-active way which are designed to have a positive impact on the environment and local communities of the company’s staff, the customers and other stakeholders; develops annual plan and budget and ensures its implementation
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Production and Manufacturing, Finance and/or Investment.
- Minimum of two years experience as a Director or similar role; interface with a Company board
- 5+ years’ of management experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the fast-moving consumer good (preferably beverage industry) or similar
- Experience and knowledge in sales, marketing, pricing strategy, exporting, product development