Management and Development for Health Jobs in Tanzania : Visitor Team Coordinator
- Company: Management and Development for Health
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About us The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
Objectives We are looking to appoint a Visitor team coordinator to:
Provide opportunities for and encourage people to visit The School of St Jude and to assist them with the arrangements and logistics for their intended visit.
Ensure each visitor leaves the school with great enthusiasm towards St. Jude’s and with a basic knowledge of what the school is all about and different ways to support and promote it.
Reporting To Community Relations Manager
Location Moshono Business Office (may require travel to other campuses for various projects).
Working relationships Academic, Non-Academic and Business Team.
Key tasks & responsibilities
• Ensuring the whole team’s liaison with visitors is kept up to date and conducted in a relaxed, professional and timely manner by managing the Visitors’ team inbox
• Drafting itineraries for prospective visitors
• Organising and allocating team jobs
• Organising the logistics of visitors on campus
• Liaising with Academic Leaders and administration staff regarding visitors on campus
• Keeping the Visitor Centre tidy, information up to date
• Organising photos of visitors with Photographers
• Organize weekly Visitor Team meeting, distribution of agenda and minutes to discuss Visitor
• Team issues and upcoming visitors
• Liaising with cooks (school and contractor) and Head of Purchasing for visitor meals
• Ensuring homepacks are prepared for scheduled home visits and stock levels are adequate
• Ensure team members follow procedures
• Schedule meetings with Visitor Team on team needs and possible improvements.
• Manage team action plan and complete monthly KPI report for the Community Relations Manager
• Design and maintain systems to ensure the smooth running of the team (such as systems to capture visitor details, room bookings, safari details, bus bookings, home packs, filing of emails and documents on the Drive & recording details in database and outlook calendar)
• Develop new procedures where needed (such as thank you’ s and follow ups, recording visitor contact information, payment of accounts and photography, information for late arrivals)
• Maintaining the standard words documents and standard forms
• Maintain the team procedure manual
• Staff management including training in systems and procedures and performance management
• Manage the development of new initiatives
• Maintain the team’s IT needs
• Maintain visitor content on website and ensure it is updated
• Schedule meetings as needed on systems
• Work closely with the Supporter relations team regarding the ongoing management of VIPs and potential VIPs visiting the school.
• Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
• Participate and support fellow staff in school mission-related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
• Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the School leader or the Employer.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure all visitor correspondence is sent in a timely and professional manner
• Ensure all visitors are looked after in a professional yet relaxed manner during their visit
• Ensure all visitors leave feeling enthusiastic about St Jude’s and with a basic knowledge of what the school is all about
• Ensure team members are up to date with current projects and managing their workload
• Ensure all team members are kept up to date with current activities and information
• Ensure procedures are maintained and updated as necessary for the continued success of thevisitor program
Qualifications, Skills & Key Attributes
• Bachelor of business administration or tourism is preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
• An energetic and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable and easy going.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
• Strong time management skills with previous experience managing a small team an advantage.
• An understanding that the position does not involve much interaction with children
• Working with Children clearance or similar
• A minimum one year voluntary commitment is a requirement for international employees.
Other Relevant Information
• Travel between campuses may be required.
• All members of the Visitor Team are required to work outside of normal business hours depending on scheduled visitors and activities– team members will be given time in lieu for extra hours worked.
• Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected] . Applications should be sent by 25th February, 2019. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted! Child Protection Policy WE SUPPORT ZERO TOLERANCE OF CHILD ABUSE CULTURE