MAF Jobs in Tanzania : Avocado Farm Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: MAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
Mfriga village, Wanging’ombe District, Njombe , Tanzania , East Africa , 255
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Tsh
MAF seek to hire a Farm Manager who will be responsible for establishing, operating and managing the farming process from start to finish with the help of all relevant stakeholders. He/She will be responsible for all aspects related to overseeing day-to-day operations of the avocado farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the day to day operations of the farm such as nursery management, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, pest management and harvesting.
• Completion of farm expansion plan.
• Monitoring of existing orchards.
• Management and control of staffs
• Planning and implementation of a harvesting programs to maximize returns.
• Preparation of annual budgets in cooperation with an Accountant and monitoring of financial performance Ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements
• Tanzanian Citizen
• At least Diploma or its equivalent in any of the following fields: Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture.
• Minimum 3 years traceable farm Management/Agronomy Experience.
• Working experience in avocado production is an added advantage.
• Conversant with Good Agricultural Practices (Global GAP, Rainforest)
• Integrity and honesty are prerequisites
• Proven leadership and management experience in a company environment
• Excellent Computer application Skills.
• Highly motivated, self-driven with ability to drive initiative to achieve goals.
• Fully understand farming for export market.
• Experience in Avocado farming will be an extra advantage
• Willingness to live in rural areas
• Ready to comply to MAF policies and principles at all times.