Madrasa Early Childhood Jobs in Tanzania : Project Coordinator
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Madrasa Early Childhood
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
MADRASSA EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMME – ZANZIBAR
Job Position: Project Coordinator, based in Zanzibar,
Reporting to: Programme Director, Madrasa Early Childhood Programme-Zanzibar
Who we are?
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Zanzibar (MECP-Z) is a locally registered Early Childhood Development organization supported by the Aga Khan Foundation. MECP-Z has been implementing programs in Zanzibar for over 27 years in collaboration with communities and Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar and contributed to positive societal impact especialy to the poor and marginalized communities.
Purpose of the project
MECP-Z wil be coordinating Community Based Inclusive Development Project in Zanzibar. The purpose is support the Government of Zanzibar and Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) to establish a harmonized multi-sectoral Community-Based Inclusive Development Programme in Zanzibar. The focus will initially be on Early Childhood Development and Inclusive Education.
MECP Zanzibar is therefore looking for a well-qualified professional to take the post of Project Coordinator.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Take lead in the implementation of the project according to the project document and according to the agreed work plan.
- Take lead in the budget management.
- Comply with the project standards.
Ensuring Stakeholders Engagement
- Ensure commitment from key stakeholders to the piloting phase of the project
- Ensure that all key stakeholders are involved in relevant stages of the project management cycle and are kept well informed.
- Build and maintain networks and partnerships both within and outside the pilot communities.
- Ensure the participation and empowerment of people with disabilities by working crossdisability and cross-sectoral (health, education, livelihood and social security etc.) with multiple actors.
- Ensure the capacity building of various stakeholders on key topics and ensure disability issues are mainstreamed into all relevant sectors.
- Support various stakeholders in taking on their respective roles, and gradualy phase down their own role to a minimum.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation
- Ensure that the Community Based Inclusive Development model is well documented, enabling a locally-driven roll out across Zanzibar.
- Lead in the in research and learning process of the CBID Model.
- Lead Grant Application Process for 2020-2024.
- Mobilize and collect necessary information for the preparation of project document and lead in the preparation of project document.
Minimum Qualifications required
- At least, degree in Social work, Education, Law, Community or Economic Development or any other related specialization, a master’s degree wil be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in projects management including proposal writing, M&E, reporting and budget management.
- Good understanding of right based approach, and or experience from genders or disability rights is an added advantage.
- Experience in working in NGOs in collaboration with government and communities at grass root levels.
- Good command in Computer applications and mastery of English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business 15th March, 2019, to the Programme Director, Madrasa Early Childhood Programme, Zanzibar (MECP-Z), by e-mail to [email protected] Please mention the Subject or Title of the Position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
APPLY TO: [email protected]
MECP-Z is an equal opportunity Employer. However, qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.