LVBC: Water Resources Management Officer at East African Community
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: East African Community
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Tanzania
Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC) is a specialized Institution of the East African Community (EAC) established by the EAC Partner States through a negotiated Protocol for Sustainable Development of Lake Victoria Basin. The broad mandate of LVBC is to promote, facilitate and coordinate activities of different actors towards sustainable development and management of natural resources of the Lake Victoria Basin.
LVBC Secretariat therefore hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens of the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) for the following positions, subject to the quota system.
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Grade (EAC Equivalent): P2
Reports to: Deputy Executive Secretary
Duration of Contract: 5 Years, Renewable
Station: LVBC Secretariat Headquarters, Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the job is to coordinate the implementation of Water Resources Management aspects of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Coordination and supervision of initiatives leading towards an integrated Lake Basin Water Resources Management;
- Promotion of integrated water resources management in the Lake Basin;
- Coordination of the overall plan for implementation of water resources management activities funded under the project;
- Initiate and coordinate activities leading to the creation of a sound hydrological data base to support the use of integrated water resources management;
- Develop common guidelines and operational procedures for data collection (for both surface and ground water, including water quality) and set standards for equipment specifications;
- Liaise and coordinate with Partner States, on the continuous assessment and monitoring of water resources in the basin, including the water balance of the Lake;
- Initiate the development and operationalisation of a Hydrological Information System (HIS) in the Lake Victoria Basin;
- Initiate and coordinate the establishment of Decision Support System (DSS) of the Lake and its Basin;
- Network with civil society organizations, private sector and other institutions implementing water related projects in the region;
- Follow up on implementation of decisions of the Council of Ministers related to water resources management and development;
- Develop with the M&E Officer, a system of monitoring and evaluation of water related activities;
- Prepare budgets and work plans for the water resources component at the LVBC Secretariat;
- Prepare progress reports at intervals that will be defined;
- Work within the framework of the Lake Victoria Basin Commission;
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the LVBC and the EAC;
- Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by the Executive Secretary or the Deputy Executive Secretary
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of MSc degree in Water Resources Management or Engineering/Hydrology from a recognized University;
- Minimum of 10 years of related or relevant professional experience, mainly in Project Planning, Policy and Institutional analysis and Management and implementation at senior level; with at least 5 years at senior level;
- Demonstrable knowledge of all aspects related to integrated water resources management (IWRM)– planning and requisite implementation;
Skills and Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi–ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Dynamic, innovative and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent and demonstrable Information Communications Technology skills: including proficiency with main office software and knowledge of databases management and information systems and Internet tools.
Eligibility for applications:
Only applicants from EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above positions.
Terms and Condition of Service:
The position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
The post offers attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and group life insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in the respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant experience.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to ApplyInterested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, or birth certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday, 12th August 2019. Please note:
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees, will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.