Logistics Officer at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar Es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Logistics Officer (Based in Dar es Salaam)Job Number: GGM-2019-XFC-07.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Supervisor – Logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management /Logistics & Transport/Clearing & Forwarding or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding operations in the mining environment or equivalent.
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensuring an effective and efficient clearing and forwarding of imported and exported goods.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
The Logistics Officer’s duties will be the following and not limited to;
- Focal point for clearing of goods imported from overseas through in all Tanzania border entry points/ports (Dar es Salaam Port, Julius Nyerere International Airport, Mwanza, Sirali, Tunduma, etc)
- Receive shipment pre-alerts and initiate duty assessment requests with TASAC
- Follow up on duty assessments from TASAC and submit duty payment requests to GGM Finance department for duty payments
- Follow on the various permits from other regulatory authorities (GCLA, TBS, TMDA, SUMATRA, Ministry responsible for Transport etc) required during importation and transportation of goods
- Coordinate payment of fees and release of goods from organisations (TPA, TICTS, Shipping Companies, ICDs, etc) involved in importation, handling and storage of goods
- Coordinate verification of goods with the relevant authorities (Port Terminals, TASAC, TRA, TBS, TMDA etc)
- Work with inland logistics contractor to ensure smooth loading and transporting goods to site.
- Coordinate resolution of issues related to documentation required in clearance process
- Follow up on exports from mine site with Logistics contractor and relevant authorities and Port Terminals.
- Management reporting on agreed key performance areas.
- Good Microsoft skills
- Valid Tanzania Driver’s License
- Good analytical abilities and attention to details
- Good problem-solving skills
- Is a strong negotiator
- Good knowledge of Tanzania Laws and Regulations related to Clearing and Forwarding, Customs declaration, TASAC Clearance processes and Shipping Incoterms)
- Willing to work on extra hours including w/ends and public holidays where necessary
How to Apply
- Application cover letter (Subject should be: Logistics Officer and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
- You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd, P.O.Box 532, Geita. Email: [email protected]NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department Application Deadline:
- Application letters should reach the above on or before 15th November, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.