Logistic Assistant/Driver at PACT Tanzania
- Company: PACT Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
PACT – TANZANIA
Experience : 2.0 Year(s)
No. of Position : 1
Job Opening date : 01-Oct-2019
Job closing date : 13-Oct-2019
Location Dar es Salaam
Reporting To Administration Officer
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalised discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
To safely operate Pact Tanzania vehicles efficiently and to provide administrative assistance to the Pact office as needed.
• Safely operate Pact vehicles in accordance to Tanzanian traffic laws
• Maintain fuel, mileage and maintenance logs for the vehicles
• Ensure that vehicles are maintained in good running order
• Assist with office administrative support such as photocopying, filing, binding of documents, filling, etc., as needed
• Conduct deliveries, airport pick-ups and messenger services efficiently by taking the most direct routing.
• Advise staff on safe driving policy when necessary
• Ensure the vehicle is clean and in good condition all the time
• Assist Administration Officer on other fleet management and operations issues.
• Act as a backup driver when there is a need of immediate driver in cluster and Dar main offices.
• High School diploma/Form IV Certificate or equivalent qualification
• Certification from a reputable Driver’s Education School
• Class C drivers license
Experience and Skills
• At least two years experience as a driver/messenger, with preference for experience with USAID or other donors.
• Safe driving record
• Must be well acquainted with basic knowledge on vehicle parts and be able to diagnose vehicle related faults at first place.
• Long distance driving experience
• Good oral communication ability.
• Polite, easy going, ability to work with variety of different people and cultures
• Ability to work after normal working hours to transport staff/consultants to airport and other locations.
• Strong language capability in both Kiswahili and English.
• Must be honest and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity.
• Ability to write a work-related report.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
NOTE: TO APPLY ANY JOBS ABOVE, FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.