Livelihoods & Economic Inclusion Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
UNHCR FIELD OFFICE KASULU
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Field Office, Kasulu invites qualified Internal/External candidates to apply for the following position:
Vacancy Notice No: TANKSNN/19/011
Position Title: Livelihoods & Economic Inclusion Associate
Position No: 10032583
Fixed-Term Appointment (FTA)
Duty Station: Kasulu, Tanzania
Duration: Initially for One (1) Year
Start Date: Immediately
Issue Date: 08 August 2019
Closing Date: 21 August 2019
ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING AND WORK RELATIONSHIPS
The Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer (Community-Based) with the overall supervision of the Head of Field Office Kasulu. The incumbent will support in operationalizing the strategic vision to align livelihoods and economic inclusion efforts with the Global Compact on Refugees (GCR), which underscores the need to mobilize additional actors and to adopt a whole-of-society approach to strengthen refugee self-reliance and help ease pressure on host countries.
The Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Associate will collaborate closely with UNHCR livelihoods partners, government agencies, private sector as well as other relevant stakeholders to enhance the economic inclusion and improve self-reliance of both persons of concern (POC) and host community members. The incumbent is expected to explore venues where livelihoods and economic inclusion serve as one of the key tools in addressing protection concerns of PoC. In doing so, the incumbent will actively work with PoC and collaborate with other UNHCR cross cutting areas such as protection, education, cash, partnerships, research and analytics, SGBV, solutions, complementary pathways and more. The other key role of the position is ensuring that UNHCR and its partners are equipped with accurate, timely and reliable data (qualitative and quantitative) for advocacy, resource mobilization and programming purposes. As such the incumbent is expected to document good practices, results and to generate/analyse/share knowledge. The Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Associate will work closely with the supervisor to build on UNHCR databases and support regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders. S/he will assist to mobilize refugees of different age, gender and background and to ensure that all stakeholders well understand the potential of economic inclusion of refugees and host community members, and to help communicate opportunities to PoC.
• Explore partnerships with relevant stakeholders to enhance economic inclusion of UNHCR POC. This includes working with economic development agencies to adapt their programmes to become inclusive of UNHCR POC, working with the private sector to enhance inclusion of UNHCR POC in their labour force and supply chains, working with financial service providers to enhance financial inclusion, and working with public and private sector service providers to include UNHCR POC in supporting services (business development, micro-finance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
• Work with the multi-functional team, more specifically with the Protection Unit, to collect information about the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work.
• Support the implementation of socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation of the engagement of development programmes.
• Participate in necessary assessments in collaboration with relevant private and public stakeholders, including impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to inform interventions and identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of UNHCR POC.
• In case UNHCR is implementing specific livelihoods activities, work closely with and provide technical assistance on livelihoods interventions to help ensure they are market-based, and that the role of UNHCR has been strategically determined in consideration of its comparative advantage vis-à-vis other partners.
• Liaise with partners and authorities on livelihoods related issues under the technical guidance of the supervisor.
• Prepare field reports and other relevant reports relating to livelihoods and make recommendations for interventions that enhance refugee economic inclusion to the designated officer.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience • 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma, certificate and/or licenses in Management, Economics, Financial Management Agriculture or other related fields
Relevant Job Experience:
• Essential: Experience in facilitating the economic inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, ideally in varied field contexts. Experience in working in partnership with the private sector, NGOs, UN organisations, and government authorities in sub-sectors relevant to livelihood programming e.g. microfinance, employment, entrepreneurship, private sector development, local economic development, poverty reduction, agriculture, livestock, vocational and technical education and training, etc.
• Desirable: Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities. Knowledge about latest development in the livelihoods sector, including broader UN processes on the SDGs and the Global Compact on Refugees. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
• Experience with Inter/Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO/NGO)
• Livelihood & Sub-sectors (value-chain upgrading, microfinance, cash assistance, etc.)
• Field experience
• Language Requirements: – Knowledge of English
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
How to Apply
Interested candidates should express their interest by completing the attached Personal History Form and the Supplementary form if needed in full as well as signing and placing a date. Please quote the Vacancy Notice Number and Position title. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Expression of Interest for the position should be sent by email to: Head of Field Office UNHCR Field Office Kasulu ED NA Email: [email protected]