LIS Database Administrator and Networking Program Officer at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centres for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project ‘Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is empowering the National Health Laboratory System (NHLS) in the country to achieve and monitor progress towards the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals.
Reports to: NHLS Project Principal Investigator and THPS Senior Data Manager
Location: THPS Head Office, Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel)
Overall Job Description
He/She will coordinate data management within the available Laboratory Information Systems to ensure smooth data transmission from different systems to Open LDR by working closely with super users in the testing laboratory and LIS program officers at the MOHCDGEC. He/She will ensure regular data cleaning and validation and ensure all data from Open LDR is linked to CTC3. He/She will ensure weekly reports submitted to THPS by the LIS TA subs are technically sound before they shared to MOHCDGEC and other Development Partners. Develop support implementation of Help Desk for all Lis implemented in the laboratory network. .
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate with MOHCDGEC on Laboratory Information Systems
• Coordinate Migration of data to Open LDR
• Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Applying third party upgrades to existing databases.
• Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
• Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements. Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation. Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
• Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
Requirements: Education, Experience and skills
• A degree in Computer Science or related field, such as programming, engineering or similar.
• 3 years’ experience working with IT systems or in network administration.
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
• Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc
• Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili AKIB
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
• Analytical skills and attention to details