Kilombero Sugar Jobs in Tanzania : Internal Control Manager
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Kilombero Sugar
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania operating cohesively with Extra Neutral Alcohol Distillery (IDTL) and a member of IILOVO Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and a result oriented person to fill a vacancy of Internal Control Manager. The successful candidate will form part of the Finance senior management team and will be responsible for providing reasonable assurance to executive management about the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls in risk management.
- Provide reasonable assurance to executive management about the adequacy and effectiveness of the Internal Control Matrix (ICM) and Financial Control Framework in risk management.
- Verify compliance with Internal Control Matrix (ICM), Financial Control Framework (FCF) AND relevant policies by performing internal reviews for all business processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Advice on best practices to be adopted by the company to strengthen and improve the risk management and control frameworks.
- Conduct investigation of fraudulent activities and suspicious reported through the anonymous reporting mechanism.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws by assisting with filling of all tax returns and timely initiation of tax payments.
- Ensure compliance with Anti Bribery and Corruption policy and guidelines as provided by the Group.
- Identify and address specific training and development needs to fill compliance gaps.
- Act as a liaison for external audits, group audits and any other compliance reviews.
- Coordinate month end and year end stock taking exercises for sugar, molasses and extra neutral alcohol and ensure timely submission of the stock count reconciliations.
- Coordinate management response to group internal audit and external audit queries and ensure timely implementation of management action items.
- Prepare internal audit report to be tabled to the audit committee.
- Perform risk based audits to identify risk facing company and develop effective controls to manage the risks within the acceptable level.
Qualification and competencies required:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in auditing in an international corporate environment or audit firms.
- Basic knowledge of Tanzania taxation system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in B. com or other equivalent degree from a reputable institution.
- A holder of CPA/ACCA.
- Analytical, structured, energetic and organized with attention to detail.
- Able to build processes and lay foundation with a passion to continuous improvement.
- Willing and able to partner with a hand on mentality and a self-starter.
- Positive attitude, an open mind-set and willing to lean.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both verbally and written.
Terms of services: The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
Remuneration: Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees with their contacts to the under mentioned addressee before 8th April 2019. The position is open to both internal and external candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Kilombero Sugar Co. Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all.
GM HUMAN RESOURCES KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED,
Email: [email protected]