Junior Finance Assistant at DAI Global LLC
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: DAI Global LLC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Summary of Primary Duties
The Junior Finance Assistant is a key member of the finance team. He or she will play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Junior Finance Assistant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the, Senior Accountant and Finance and Administration Manager. He/she will support the submission of financial reports based on internal company deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions This position covers for the Senior Accountant in his or her absence. This position reports directly to the Senior Accountant. The Junior Finance Assistant may perform other related duties as assigned. .
• Assist to ensure all time sheet are filled out on each end of month and Signed and approved by respective approvers
• Assist and Support Finance team on various trainings held In Dar es Salaam or else where
• Follow-up of EFD and Receipts from Vendors and Suppliers
• Assist in Reviewing documentation of Travel Advance and Employees expense reports.
• Support in the VAT exemption process through filing of exemption Forms, timely submission of complete exemption forms to USAID and real time updating of the VAT tracker
• Following up with vendors for VAT refunds on all approved exemption forms/ certificates.
• Assist with preparation of periodical VAT reports and VAT refund updates due to USAID.
• Ensure all incoming invoices are recorded in the Invoice Register and verify vendor invoices for accuracy and validity.
• Assist in review of voucher documentation before payment processing in FAS.
• Assist with verification of mobile numbers for workshop/conference/ participants before processing of (MWP) Mobile Wallet payments.
• Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals.
• Assist in recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS)
• Filing of Finance vouchers according to the filing system, Labelling of files and retrieval when needed
• Scan and upload voucher files to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation – BOX
• Maintenance of the file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
• Assist with review of finance files to ensure correct filing of vouchers and identify any missing vouchers in the files.
• Assist with following up on statutory deductions submission to ensure they are all updated on time.
• Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
• Support in preparation of documents in readiness for internal and external audits
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
• At least 1 year of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, and/or project operations at the entry- level of an organization
• Experience in the entire VAT exemption process and lodging VAT refund claims.
• CPA part Intermediate Level is preferred
• Minimum 6 months experience working in USAID funded projects
• Accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
• Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries.
• Experience with Microsoft office suite and MIS programs
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Fluency in English is required.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: 1 Year
Job Skills : Not Specified
How to Apply
DAI is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, and cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position. The applicant should also provide valid and reachable references. The CV, cover letter, and list of references should be sent to [email protected] on or before August 16th, 2019. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.