Jhpiego Jobs in Tanzania : Program Officer
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now. Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Regional Clinical Advisor and Program Officer.
Program Officer [One position based in Mwanza]
The Program Officer (PO) will lead coordination of day-to-day operations implementation of program activities for USAID Boresha Afya Project -funded program in Geita and Mwanza regions. In collaboration with the Regional coordinator, s/he will work closely with Regional and Council Health Management Teams to set district priorities, and will provide coordination and management support to regional-level project staff and ensure they are working in a coordinated, rational and integrated way in the pursuit of Project deliverables. The PO wil also coordinate the planning of field activities for efficient implementation and will support technical teams with timely reporting. S/he will also be responsible for supporting the organization of all meetings and workshops.
- Work collaboratively with USAID Boresha Afya Regional team to ensure efficient program planning, development, management and documentation functions
- Collaborate with regional coordinator and other USAID Boresha Afya Project staff to ensure smooth coordination of activities at regional, district and facility levels as stipulated in the program implementation plans
- Work closely with Regional program coordinator, technical staff and project partners to ensure timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of USAID Boresha Afya activities.
- Contribute to the development of annual, monthly and weekly work plans
- Coordinate USAID Boresha Afya Project regional field activities across technical areas and update USAID Boresha Afya Project management on any outstanding issues for smooth program running.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports writing at regional level and other related documents
- Work collaboratively with team to ensure that resources for effective and timely program implementation are available
- Work collaboratively with program assistant and finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets
- Support identification of technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants and Dar based technical team
- Oversee project performance against work plan
- Ensure compliance with Jhpiego operational policies and regulations with project staff and other stakeholders
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts, including uploading documents onto Jhpiego knowledge management sites
- Contribute to the development of innovative program tracking, knowledge management, and information sharing tools and processes
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with Jhpiego/Tanzania colleagues and external partners
- Support sub-grantees in program management and reporting. ^
Qualifications and Requirements: ^
- A degree in social science, demographic studies or public health. Master’s degree in Public Health or related field will be an added value.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing, coordinating and/or managing RMNCH and Malaria programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate effectively and build durable relationships with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-site team-based organizational structure
- Ability to write technical sound donor reports and project reports
- Strong decision making skills and results oriented approach
- Excellent written and spoken Swahili and English.
- Presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong skills in word processing and Excel spread sheets
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to travel up to 40% time
- Experience with USAID programs is preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
How to Apply
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for Regional Clinical Advisor. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
The application should be addressed to:
Send the application through email at: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert deadline will be 30/03/2019.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you wil get an official cal from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong-doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through [email protected]