IT Support Officer at Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Starting monthly salary TZS 1,943,599.71
Location (City) Dar Es Salaam
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Information Technology Services
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- IT support officer (ITSO) is responsible for responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing help desk support. They work with a broad range of infrastructure products and basic networking components. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex client products and work on one or more projects concurrently as a team member.
Roles and responsibilities:
SERVICE DESK/CLIENT IT SUPPORTS
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users;
- Responds to IT requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail;
- Enters call data into the tracking system.
- Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides user access service.
- Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options.
- Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems.
- Escalates problems when necessary.
- Documents problem status and resolution in tracking log.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems.
- Communicates updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
- Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keeps performance metrics.
- Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members.
- Flag any procedures and controls for service improvements to IT Manager.
DOCUMENTATION / INVENTORY
- Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of SOPs.
- Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Document all procurement documents.
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Diploma in IT related fields
- Additional A+, CCNA or any related IT courses.
- Driving skill
- Kiswahili and English (spoken and written).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent Windows 10 and MS office experience.
- Experience on helpdesk support environment.
- Experience on internet or telecom Service providers.
- Experience on Web page designing, Database management.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
eLearning courses to be completed:
IT supporting Office E-Learning.
Raising a Requisition in the Managed Catalogue.
How to raise a Non-Catalogue Requisition.
Receiving Goods and Services in Full.
The Job holder need to be willing to be involve on physical works like loading and unloading stuff and walking around in the large compound between offices.
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission Dar Es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Tanzania.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in Tanzania.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Application deadline 18 October 2019