Investigator at Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
Core Function: The purpose of this position is to plan, perform, report and follow-up on specific investigation assignments in Vision Fund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd under the guidance of the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparing investigation engagement memos and develop and implement investigation procedures to validate reported fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
• Leading and/or performing financial and operational investigations in VFT Head Office, Branches and Business centers, involving reported allegations of fraud, waste and abuse in accordance with VFland VFT policies and procedures.
• Examining and evaluating suspected fraud allegations through detailed review and analysis of documentary and physical evidence, contact with claimants, witnesses and experts. The holder will perform fraud investigations and submit reports to the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations, creating and supporting implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk.
• Investigating any reported suspicious activity and report discoveries to the Head of Internal Audit and Investigations; interacting with external partners such as law enforcement agencies, vendors and banks to verify information and determine the validity of the fraud allegations.
• Handle the Whistleblower hotline, receive the whistle blows maintain the whistle-blow register, maintain the whistleblowers with high confidentiality and conducting investigations for whistle-blows related to fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
• Join with the other internal Audit team to conduct the normal audit exercise, whenever there are no fraud cases to investigate.
Key qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Laws, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
• CFE – Certification or related certification in fraud investigation iii. Certified Fraud examiner (CFE).
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant) is an added advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• 3 years’ professional experience in investigation, auditing Data analysis/data mining skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening and relationship building
• Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
• Proven ability to promote team-building and interpersonal skills, for successful result
• Good time management for assignments completed in a timely manner
• Experience of the financial institutions investigations or audits
• Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
• Fluency in English & Swahili, solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present results using strong presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
About our working environment & remuneration, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where employees are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
How to Apply
Application letters stating the position applied with photocopies of certificates and CV's with three referees should be sent EITHER online to [email protected] OR through the postal address below. The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited P.O.Box 1546, Arusha, TANZANIA. The application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement (Deadline: 18th October, 2019) N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted Disclaimer VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.