Inventory Manager at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSC), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Extra Neutral Alcohol Distillery is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of Inventory Manager reporting to Procurement and Inventory Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a large team of supply chain professionals in delivering service level of 95% across the different business functions by ensuring the right tools and methodology are used in executing MRP to meet production demand. Use their strong analytical skills to understand and extrapolate inventory trends and parameters.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Strong forecasting and scheduling skills to ensure optimal availability of materials for production.
- Provide continuous improvement in the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations.
- Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital.
- Ensure sub contract processes are received back and that supplies are expedited to ensure no late delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate consumables usage and costs.
- Working with customers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations in the business
- Provides advice to users regarding the inventory process
- Critical Stock Review and Planning, OffCrop Store Review and Reporting
- Major on season material inputs planning, Consignment stock and contract call offs
- Produce daily & monthly reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved including provision of routine management information on inventory performance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Operational Budget control
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and function
• Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement or Inventory. MBA in Supply Chain will be an added advantage.
• General knowledge in inventory, procurement and finance.
• Five years and above inventory management experience in manufacturing/extractive industry.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Computer literate.
• Mentally and physically fit.
How to Apply
Terms of Service: • The successful candidate will be engaged on permanent terms. • All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications (together with a detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees and their contact details) to the under mentioned addressee or email to [email protected] not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Job application procedure NB: Kilombero Sugar Company Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. GM HUMAN RESOURCES KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED P.O. Box 50 KIDATU. Deadline of this Job: 15th October, 2019