International School Of Tanganyika Jobs in Tanzania : Assistant Facilities Supervisor
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International School Of Tanganyika
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people. All students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems, local and global. They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence. Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act kindly, fairly, and responsibly. All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision.
All members of the IST community are:
• Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
• Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
• Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care, kindness and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity and integrity.
• Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a curriculum.
• Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences.
IST STRATEGIC PLAN
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission, vision and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
• Ensure alignment between the written, taught and assessed curriculum
• Implement a strong, multi-tiered system of support to students, consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
• Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics, the arts and athletics
• Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
• Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
• Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
• Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
• Improve IST’s local, global and international reputation
• Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
• Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
• Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
• Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with current student
• Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries
• Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
• Ensured Sustainability:
• Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
• Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within IST community
• Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
• Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
• Align governing models with best practice
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The objective of the Assistant Facilities Supervisor is to create buildings and facilities that are safe, environmentally conscious, inspiring and that match our philosophy of teaching and learning while strengthen the customer service focus of the school’s operations. Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, the Assistant Facilities supervisor will work with a team of artisans who will report to him/her.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience: 5+ years’ experience in facilities management;
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Property and Facilities Management.
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
• Sound decision making, solutions focused,
• Knowledge of child protection and health and safety
• Strong customer service skills
• Willingness and ability to work collaborate effectively with colleagues
• Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects and ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints is needed;
• Experience in maintenance, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management is preferred
• Strong literacy in Google Suite.
• Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
• Integrity and confidentiality
• Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
• Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
• Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
The primary responsibilities for Assistant Facilities Supervisor will be:
• Liaise with the Facilities Supervisor and notify them of areas in need of attention.
• To prioritize work and to identify, diagnose and solve problems before they affect the operation of the school.
• Plan and allocate time slots effectively to minimise overtime and extra duties allocated after working hours.
• Conduct an inspection on daily basis to ensure that all areas of the school are cleaned to a satisfactory standard and daily cleaning logs are completed for each work section.
• To maintain a flexible daily cleaning schedule of all internal areas of the school.
• Ensure that identified key areas of the school receive priority in the schedule.
• Participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Consult with the Facilities Supervisor and Principals in order to identify times when curriculum areas are unused.
• Maintain cleaning staff attendance logs and timesheets for submission to Facilities/Site Supervisor.
• Liaise with the Facilities Supervisor/Principal and review the weekly school calendar to identify lettings and school events.
• Ensure that maintenance policies/procedures are followed by each school staff i.e. recording all maintenance work on the help desk.
• Support the school in overall maintenance of its facilities.
• Motivate and resolves concerns, conflicts, and problems of the staff reporting to you ensuring that services are provided in a professional and safe manner bearing in mind the policies and procedures set for by the HR department.
• Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement.
• Organize and review preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs set for the facilities and equipment set by the Site/Facilities Supervisor.
• Monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
• Provide information to the staff and management; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Identify formal and informal training needs for all cleaning/gardening staff Perform any other duties as designated by the Facilities Supervisor