International Rescue Committee Jobs in Tanzania : Nurse Midwife
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades and today is involved in over 25 conflict zones in the world. IRC addresses both the immediate, life saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve. The IRC is an international agency with offices in London, New York, and Geneva.
IRC has started implementing health programming related to primary health care, reproductive health, as well as Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS) aimed at supporting the MoH and improving access to health care for Burundian Refugees crossing the border into Tanzania. Activities are currently on health facilities (Health Centres, Health Posts, and Health Screening Sites) and support to government facilities.
The Nurse Midwife will be responsible for providing safe mother hood, quality reproductive health and well being for girls and women in Kibondo camp, within the IRC supported Clinics at Public Health care Level, but also assist in the improvement of Reproductive Health Services at community level.
- Conduct antenatal care services – Physical examination; counseling on birth plan, child-spacing, nutrition and breast feeding; IPT; LLITN distribution; administration of Tetanus toxoid, haematenics and de-worming.
- Conduct deliveries at the health facility level, while being able to detect early signs of abnormalities in both the mother and the baby and taking appropriate action.
- Perform Post natal services, Physical examination; administration of Vitamin A; counseling on child-spacing, nutrition, child health and exclusive breast feeding.
- Provide abortion care for mothers who come with threatening, spontaneous and inevitable abortions
- Counseling and provision Family Planning
- Counseling and treatment for STI screening
- Provide Clinical care for survivors of sexual assault.
- Conduct health education on family planning and reproductive health.
- Carry out Growth Monitoring services on children less than five years.
- Manage essential drugs and medical supplies efficiently.
- Manage complications, stabilize mothers and neonates and refer to higher levels of management
- Carry out any other duty that will be assigned by your supervisor or as need arises
Clinical Based Tasks
- Asses, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patients age related physical psychosocial and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies from the ministry of Health,Tanzania
- Screening patients at the triage area and organize good patient flow according to first come first seen basis
- Observe and maintain patient confidentiality at all the time as well protection of data and information
Monitoring & Reporting
- Collect, collate and use data accurately to generate reports.
- Assist CO staff in maintaining the registration of girls, women for medical consultation.
- Assists medical staff in weekly and monthly collection of data and compiles, shares it after careful analysis the results with the RH supervisor each month
- Health professional RN with strong midwifery background.
- 3 years experience in clinical work especially maternal and child health care.
- Ability to validate and interpret health data.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili; Knowledge of Kirundi language is an advantage
- Ability to live in a high insecurity environment.